A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stella and her groove

Ok for those that don't get it, I'm referring to the movie, "How Stella Got Her Groove Back."

Since movie titles are so different for the same damn film but in different countries, here are as many references to the title that I can find.

Also Known As (AKA)
A Nova Paixão de Stella Brazil / Portugal (video title)
Benvenuta in paradiso Italy
Cómo Estela recuperó la marcha Spain
How Stella Got Her Groove Back Argentina (video title)
How Stella Got Her Groove Back On USA (working title)
Sans complexes France
Stella vaihtaa vapaalle Finland
Stella's Groove: Männer sind die halbe Miete GermanyTaas svengaa Finland (TV title)

Ok, let's everyone sing a few bars of kum bah yah, then buy the world a coke and get on with our lives after the big multinational group hug. Hugo Chavez of Venezuela, if you are reading this: "Dammit, I said A coke not SOME coke." I single you out because when I see you on the Venevision TV news which I watch on grey-market TV from Phoenix... your face looks just like Diego Maradona did every time I saw him entering rehab on Cronica TV from Argentina. I tend to be pretty perceptive and I gotta call it like it is.

Anyway, this vacation has proven to DEFINITELY a catharsis for me. (YES P, I said it again. It's scary... That little charcoal briquette at the core of my soul might be getting pressured into being an industrial diamond. Or maybe I might shit it out at noon time tomorrow after breakfast who knows....)

I think of that movie. My life has a few parallels. I never got the surprise Stella did: I have known up front all of my boyfriends/sex partners have been/were probably gay.

Well, a few of you (and you know who you are) are/were married but I won't tell if you won't tell... I also started litigating with my ex BEFORE getting my groove back which is unlike Stella. She did it later and really damn publicly, well thanks to www.thesmokinggun.com .

Parenthetically speaking but it really reads better as its own paragraph, grammar be damned: Ok, a few of my um... boyfriends have gone on to date girls. But I have never agonized over whether I "turned them straight." Whatever they were, they never chose anything - nor I - but they did make a snap decision in the moment to get or give some head from/to a dude.

Yes, damn it... I think I am getting my groove back. And to those who might oppose that I'm going to give you some sage advice that I'm pretty sure I heard on Cartoon Network. "Don't piss on the electric fence."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home