A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

"obey" in wedding vows, and how much marriage can really SUCK

I 'bout fell out of my chair this Saturday afternoon at a close friend's wedding.

Never in a million years did I EVER think she'd pledge to "obey." I know I didn't in mine. It was a beautiful wedding and I was truly honored when she singled me out as her "partner in crime" (actually she means business partner in a software vendor).

(I've edited my own personal hell from this post. It serves no purpose in a public forum.)

But my friend's wedding was great, even if after the reception was over and I was safely home alone in bed I had a good hard cry about what a disaster my immediate family is at the same time as praying, in my own way, that my good friend's wedding I attended on Saturday, May 17th 2008 at 4pm would be a successful loving marriage without any of the poison that oozes from my immediate family.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home