A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

bad fast food customer service

Oh boy... I pissed in some high school kid's cheerios tonight by walking into his Arby's location at 2150 this evening. They close at 2200. I placed my order and immediately heard loud English-language bitching from this pimply-faced white kid in the back where they make the sandwiches. "Oh GREAT, I've already cleaned the slicer and now I have to do it again."

Well ain't that a bitch, I thought sarcastically. You're going to be five minutes late getting out of here and your bong will sit idle five minutes before you can get home and have that post-McJob toke of weed.

The manager was hispanic. My whole remaining conversation with him, therefore, was in Spanish. "You speak Spanish fluently, right?"

"Yes of course." He looked a little surprised that this big gringo guy would use that language but I didn't want to get my food spit in.

"I can hear that kid's comments and I really don't care that he has to clean something twice. The economy is bad, part-time workers are a dime a dozen and I'd fire his ass if I managed someone with such a bad attitude."

"Yeah, he's been warned before and he's going to get warned again. I'm really sorry about that."

"No worries, just wanted to make sure that YOU know I overheard his sarcastic comment."

By that time my food was ready and I got the hell out of there. It'll be awhile before I go back to that Arby's location in case that kid still works there ;)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home