A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Qwest was cutting edge in the 90's BUT NOW...

They're a bit of a dinosaur.

I'm holding out hope. No silly, not for fiber to the home. I'd settle for ADSL2 in my central office. Qualifying customers get a Motorola 3347 modem with speeds - so sayeth the sales person - " of 12 to 20 megabit per second "

Yeah, far cry from Fios but without all that video baggage and the de facto abandonment of copper that Verizon has carried out.

I can't get it ordered yet but Denver and Phoenix tend to be the first markets where Qwest puts new stuff in. Hopefully my CO (480-947) has this stuff coming soon.

If any other reader here works for a competitor with colocation space at Scottsdale downtown (again 480-947) and you're putting in ADSL2 - well, who ever lights it up first gets the signature on the contract.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home