A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

dual-SIM GSM phone, US-functional version :)

On arrival home I picked up mail. That included a package from China with a tri-band GSM phone. Previous phones had arrived and turned out to be GSM900/1800 - no service is available anywhere in North America fitting that description. This phone, from a different vendor, is GSM900/1800/1900.

Anyway upon unpacking the phone it was obvious that it came from the same manufacturer as the others - the menus were pretty much the same.

I put my T-Mobile SIM on one side and a deathstar prepaid SIM on the other.

SUCCESS.

So far...

I need to see how it works over the course of a day or two. I'd read on the internet that deathstar (if you're having trouble guessing what I mean, visualize ATT's logo and think back to Star Wars) has *some* 1900 MHz coverage in Phoenix.

Both phone numbers work just fine to make and receive calls and send/receive text messages.

The manual includes helpful warnings -

"Please put the mobile phone on the place where the child can not touch."

The whole manual is written in that, er, style. It's not easy reading.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home