A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Friday, March 28, 2008

a new spin on feeding the poor

I was having lunch in a restaurant downtown MVD yesterday and vaguely noticed that the waiter was cleaning the food off of plates onto just one plate on one table. Didn't think anything of it. I had my lunch and was nearly finished when one of those lottery-ticket sellers came through.

Much to my surprise the waiter pointed him to that table. The guy ate the entire plate of scraps that had been accumulated. I've seen a lot of things but that one - WOW. I think only one other patron took any notice of what happened. It was a nice thing for the waiter to do.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home