A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm listening, Sally Kern -- Oklahoma is not OK

These businesses are based in Oklahoma:
Dollar/Thrifty Rent-a-Car
National Car Rental / Alamo
Quik Trip
Sonic
First Fidelity Bank

BOYCOTT THEM. Don't spend your money indirectly in a state where intolerance is acceptable. Why?

State Rep. Sally Kern (republican, what did you expect) had this to say to an audience she thought would be "friendly" to this B.S.:
"The homosexual agenda is destroying this nation, okay? It’s just a fact. Not everybody’s lifestyle is equal, just like not all religions are. You know, the very fact that I’m talking to you like this here today puts me in jeopardy, okay? And I’m not anti- and I’m not gay bashing, but according to God’s Word, that is not the right kind of lifestyle. It has deadly consequences for those people involved in it. They have more suicides, they’re more discouraged, there’s more illness, their lifespans are shorter, you know, it’s not a lifestyle that is good for this nation.

As a matter of fact, studies show that no society that has totally embraced homosexuality has lasted more than, you know, a few decades. So it’s the death knell for this country. I honestly think it’s the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam, which I think is a big threat.

Because what’s happening now, they’re going after, in schools, two year olds! Do you know what they’re trying to get into early childhood education? They want to give our young children into the government schools so they can indoctrinate them. I taught school for close to twenty years. And we’re not teaching facts and knowledge anymore folks. We’re teaching indoctrination, okay? And their going after our young children, as young as two years of age to try to teach them that the homosexual lifestyle is an acceptable lifestyle.

You know, gays are infiltrating city councils. Did you know… you read this phrase, and you write it in there, this passion play? Okay, have you heard that the city council of Eureka Springs is now controlled by gays? Okay? There are some others, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Takoma, Maryland; Kennsington, Maryland; in Vermont, Oregon, West Palm Beach, Florida; in a lot of other places in Florida. What’s happening? They are winning elections.

One of the things I deal with in our legislature, I tried to introduce a bill last year that would notify parents, schools had to let parents know what clubs their students were involved in. And the reason I did that bill primarily was this: We have the gay-straight alliance coming into our schools. Kids are getting involved in these groups, their lives are being ruined, their parents don’t know about it. So I introduced a bill, you have to notify all clubs and things.

And one of my colleagues said you know, we don’t have a gay problem in my county, that’s why I voted against that bill. Well you know what? To me that is so dumb. If you got cancer or something in your little toe, do you say, you know, I’m just going to forget about it because the rest of me’s fine. It spreads, okay? And this stuff, it’s deadly and it’s spreading and it will destroy our young people, it will destroy this nation."

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:06 AM , Blogger Unai said...

Go Oklahoma go!

http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/03/09/oklahoma-one-step-from-doom/

 
At 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... how can someone say something like this and not be arrested? That´s just unbelievable. Unfortunately here in Brazil things are pretty much the same.

From a Brazilian frequent (gay) reader...

 
At 4:17 AM , Blogger tekno-yanqui-598 said...

Well, that's freedom of speech. I don't think she should be arrested. There are two sayings I heard a lot growing up in Wisconsin: "Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one." and "You can't fix stupid."

Both apply.

It cuts both ways. I can use my freedom of speech to speak out and expose this crap. The next time this woman is up for re-election people will see this stuff (not necessarily this blog, the traffic statistics don't support that statement :-) ) and maybe take it into account.

 
At 5:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, I know someone will not be arrested for speaking their minds - and yes, I am totally for freedom of speech.

But what makes me angry is that, at least here in Brazil, if you offend someone because of the colour of their skin you can be sued and go to jail right away, but if someone offends you because you are a homossexual little can be done. I can´t see the difference - for me it all comes down to prejudice.

Of course, little by little things are getting better, but I just wish we could speed up the process. And this kind of speech is not helping at all.

Good to hear you are in UY. I enjoyed my stay in Montevideo very much. Have a nice trip!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home