A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Eltima Software SyncMate

WOW. I *think* any desire I had to have an iPhone is dead as a doornail. SyncMate is a Mac OS X application that allows synchronization with a WM6 device.

It uses its own synchronization engine on the mobile device rather than try to emulate ActiveSync - it's a little difficult to get installed at first but it's worth it.

I can create an appointment in iCal and have it synchronize to my mobile phone. My mobile phone then pushes the appointment to my hosted Exchange service. From there it gets picked up in Outlook 2008 on my PC - the whole process takes less than 30 seconds.

I'm waiting for the activation key that allows synchronization from iTunes to WM6. It will be very interesting to see if the library of encrypted content in my iTunes library finds its way in decrypted form onto my WM6 device.

The software is $39.99 for a personal license and $49.95 for a one-user business license.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home