A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Muslo, pechuga o.... dogma? (translation is inside the post)

I was at Watchtower Fried Chicken this afternoon without even realizing it.

My post title means: Thigh (or leg/both), Breast or DOGMA - same word in English.

I am staying somewhere near Quepos, Costa Rica. To put what that means in perspective: this time of year (late May) it rains 12-24 hours out of the day.

I went into town because, well, I didn't really need anything but it was raining and I was bored.

I got some fried chicken, which is served with flour tortillas, ketchup, mustard and something very similar to Pico de Gallo.

So I'm sitting there wondering.... how the fuck do I make sense of this place.... when it throws me a total curveball. Inside the counter where they have the Orbit gum (which is sugar-free and ONLY has a too-much-of-this-gum-is-a-laxative warning in Latin America...) they have Spanish language Jehovahs Witness Literature.

I ate and left. Didn't say anything. Didn't witness anything either. And I won't go back to that place.

I forget the word for watchtower in Spanish but it means *exactly* the same thing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home