A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Neighbors

Oh my. My downstairs neighbor gets more offensive by the day. I was on the phone with my mom talking about something really heavy - and he was good for some levity.

Out of the blue he starts screaming... "You little (ethnic slur) M-F'ers (except he says the whole word good and loud because he's half-deaf) on your skateboards make so much goddamn noise...."

The tirade was so loud I could hardly hear myself think. Mom could hear him crystal clear through the phone. She knew who it was too - I'd warned her to A-V-O-I-D him when she was visiting here.

Jokingly I said to my mom, "Of course I won't do this - he'd shoot me - but I really want to go dump water over the side of the balcony on him to shut him up. Besides, it'll give the kids something to laugh at."

But... must control such impulses. He *really* would shoot me, too!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home