A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Arson, 100 yards away from home

The management office of my apartment complex was gutted by fire last night. Fortunately it's a standalone building with no one living adjacent to the structure.

Unreal. Obviously either someone who applied for a place got denied -or- didn't handle getting evicted very well.

The word on the street is that at 4am somebody broke one of the windows of the office and threw some kind of fuel in there and lit it up. I sleep with an air conditioner next to me so I didn't hear anything. The fire had to have gotten put out pretty quickly.

I've vaguely been considering moving. Now the idea is a bit more appealing. I'll feel a little better when I hear that someone's been arrested for the crime.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home