A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

McSame's son tied to a bank failure in the western USA

Silver City Bank, well known in Nevada and less so in other Western states - failed today. Andrew McSame (er, McCain) was a member of the board of directors of both Silver City Bank and Silver City Bancorp.

Reason? The big mortgage implosion that's part in parcel of the non-recession (say McSame supporters) happening in the US economy.

No recession? Not so much. Six months ago when I would go to Costco to get gas during rush hour (5:45-6:45) I'd have to wait 15 minutes or more to get to a pump. Today I can drive right up to a pump and get my membership-priced gas with no wait. No recession, my culo.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home