A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

USA funerals, ghetto-style

I cannot in good conscience post the pictures seen in the paper. It would be disrespect for the dead and I'd rather leave that on AP's collective karma!

A google search for "san juan wake standing up" will probably locate the pictures. If you're reading on your lunch hour - eat first, eat after or (god help you if you can) eat DURING.

The dude is propped up in the corner of his mom's living room in a stylized NY Yankees hat, Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses, layered T-shirts and jeans. His body had been found "under a bridge," as the local version of the article says.

I feel for the family's loss, from the heart. However, I don't know what they were thinking when they let the press take pictures. The poor guy will be (indelibly) remembered by millions.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home