A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Friday, August 08, 2008

DirecTV vs. over-the-air HD / olympics opening ceremonies

There is no comparison. Both are supposedly 1080i. Both my receivers are personal video recorders, both receive HD, but one has an over-the-air tuner.

The picture quality through the satellite service looks like garbage. I get an occasional freeze-up of the over-the-air picture but it's worth it. I don't watch a hell of a lot of olympics coverage every four years but I will probably re-aim the little outdoor UHF antenna to get it pointed more perfectly.

www.antennaweb.org is the place to go to find out how, where and what type of antenna to aim. If you live in the core of whatever city you're in, you probably have high enough signal strength that you can bypass your cable or satellite. The improvement in quality is well worth it!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home