A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Observation: four-buck per gallon gas lowers traffic

I don't foresee big cities in the USA having to contend with horse-drawn vehicles - but in rural areas I bet it's already happening.

Driving at night has become decidedly easier. There are fewer cars on the road. Afternoon traffic is not as bad. There are fewer cars on the road.

People bitch about the high price, in general. My only complaint is that less of the USA's high price for gas goes for taxes - it's profit for corporations.

Long term this could be a good thing for the USA. Public transit has long been neglected and even looked-down-upon. Perhaps it will blossom into something truly useful as it has in other countries.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home