A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

US Airways - nickel and diming customers

Dammit, if you want your flying experience to be like a phone bill - crammed with surprise charges - US Airways is your carrier.

They've just instituted a charge for beverages on top of a charge for checked baggage. It's two bucks for a diet coke or for juice! What a ripoff. It's bad enough that TSA enforces the ripoff prices charged inside airports for food and beverage then US Air nickel and dimes you for drinks on board their planes. Two bucks for a diet coke "correct CHANGE appreciated." (My emphasis is on the word change.)

This morning I tested their policy to see if they will accept change. Without a word I handed the flight attendant a $2 roll of nickels to pay for my beverage. Success!

I think everyone who flys US Airways should express their appreciation for this policy by having correct CHANGE for the flight attendant. Yeah, it's not their fault but the additional expense of coin handling should get their attention that its stupid marketing to so completely unbundle the cost of the flying experience.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home