A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

up and down - and I ain't talkin about the Vengaboys


Wow is it raining today. That means short circuits on the power grid. So when I saw that the power is up and down - its up and down more often than a Filipina prostitute near a navy base.

But you deal.

When the power is off, there is no water. Electric pumps. The hotel has their wifi stuff on a battery so you get just enough time to tell your chat partners: power cut again see ya later.

There was a brit couple in the next room that FLIPPED OUT this morning at breakfast about the power cuts, possible road flooding - they actually thought they were safer in San Jose.

Poor bastards. It just isn't so. They mistanslated what the woman helpfully tried to tell them and reacted based on that. And who the fuck am I to correct that perception?!

So it's mildly annoying. The power cuts last (so far) more often than 1.5 hours and I've got a really good book from the hotel library!

All the neato electrical stuff stops working and you just have to light a candle. Here's an example. See above.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home