A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

RCTV shutdown in Venezuela, so what, you ask?

The biggest problem with the shutdown of RCTV is its one less source of news for the populace. Yeah, newspapers are available - but when a newspaper costs a rather large percentage of your daily income, are you going to buy one or catch the TV news? If you can't afford a daily paper you're not likely to have cable either.

I liked Chavez' attitude originally but now that I hear that he's targeting another private television station over some probably-imagined assassination plot, not so much.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home