A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

worthwhile shopping for a gym membership

I spent a couple days checking out prices on gym memberships. Lets see... all have no-contract options. Found prices ranging from $75 a month to around $50 - until a guy on the phone with one of the fitness places misquoted me on the phone. $20 - but that was their 1-week price he quoted me for a months usage.

I even called him back to confirm.

Then I went and joined. I got some funny looks like - no that's our week price. I told them - look, this is what Bruno at xxx quoted me over the phone. Is that your price or is it going to go up now that I'm here?

They honored the price.

Not a bad deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home