A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Monday, July 04, 2005

breaking the ice on a cold night

The ice is breaking a little bit more with the guys at the gym. I was laughing my ass off because they all suspected I was mormon, it turned out. Uh, no! It was pretty funny. But its getting to be vaguely similar - well, not really just in terms of the social stimulation I guess - to when I lived in Chicago above a bar and would go every night to have a drink or ten. Except, this is something healthy to do.

I am adjusting to the increased amounts of weights and like that I do different workouts on different nights... it helps with the inherent monotony of working out and it distributes the pain from day to day. But the first couple of times with more weight - ugh.

It is cold outside. Even to me, it feels cold now. The temperature is probably 5 or so. All the locals are bundled up like Minnesotans in January, its sorta funny. I'm fine with a winter coat - no need really for gloves or a scarf or a hat. I would just lose that crap, like I do with umbrellas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home