A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

laundry time

My washing machine would not start the other day when I tried it. I was dreading the possibility of having to have it repaired - sure to be an expensive hassle. I asked around the neighborhood at various stores and they all told me that the neighborhood "lavadero" is in Parque Posadas and that it was fairly cheap.

I went to ask tonight about the price. YOW. Not cheap at all. The lady showed me the boxes she measures the quantity of clothing in - and the quoted price of 70 pesos a box to wash and dry.

Fortunately my washing machine started when I tried it this evening. I was motivated by the high price quoted - I estimate if I took all my laundry to this business I would spend another 1.000 pesos a month on that or drastically have to change my habits of what I wear and how many times I wear it before I decide its dirty... So since its working right this instant I did like four loads of wash. Anything to stave off the repairman - or the expensive washing service. I spend way less than that on the power for the machine, the soap, and I guess I have time to mess with clotheslines and clothespins - at that price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home