A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

radio in phoenix

My new temporary home is a radio station. No, I'm not kidding. I'm in an okay-ish neighborhood in Scottsdale, Arizona living with a roommate found on craigslist. His third bedroom is literally a radio station with a 100W transmitter high up on a nearby hill, so it covers about a radius of 7 miles in a densely populated area. I am sitting in the studio now. A comedian is on the phone from Los Angeles and my roommate has a microphone in front of him and another guy across and they are doing talk radio with the comedian.

Of course, the comedian is um, much more interesting, while music is playing - we can hear him on the monitor channel that isn't going to air. It's pretty funny. The atmosphere is incredible.

The people in and out of this apartment are fun - first impression. Six weeks of this is going to be very interesting.

http://www.kwss1067.com/ is the radio station.

But I'm out here for a job. Working here is crazy. (Here, as in Phoenix, I am not working at this guys radio station, its consulting...) It's 41 degrees outside and air conditioned as hell indoors all the time. Very dry, have to drink a ton of water. But the working conditions are excellent and the work is darned interesting.

Traffic is challenging here. People drive like californians.

So life goes on. Got MCSE certified and I am seriously happy about that, I have a job I really like, I go home to interesting goings-on - it's all good. And of course I keep in touch with those in Uruguay. From Monday until Wednesday its normal around here, but thursday night all hell breaks loose, same as Fri., same as Sat. :)

Gotta go, I am next on the air... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home