A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Friday, July 15, 2005

things for sale on the bus

I boarded the bus to go to work and saw a new spin on street vending. A guy boarded the bus with nothing but a blue plastic folder, the type you would keep legal documents in. Launched into his speech about how he had something for sale, blah, blah, blah – but what caught my undivided attention was the something looked a hell of a lot like a diploma.

I thought, wow, what a possible opportunity – I could un-do 15 years of sloth, laziness and apathy towards a college degree with the slight expenditure of just a few pesos.

It was not meant to be. They were simply cheesy certificates that kids could give their fathers for fathers day (I suspect more dads get these here than, say, gas grills or even ties for that matter…)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home