A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

comedy show last night

So last night, 29th August, head out with the roommate to a comedy place to see this guy who is supposed to be REALLY funny. Jade Esteban Estrada (google the name to find out more about him, I won't link to his site becuse it the show just wasn't my bag baby.)

Uh, no. Not at all. Nice enough gay guy out of costume, but put him on stage in a toga and drag and a weird-ass purple wig doing the history of the gay world (volume I). But oooooh.... very dramatic, it seemed very long and picture Liza Minelli (but sober) meets Fran Drescher plus gold fake eyelashes --- retaining water. OY. I will skip volume 2 and 3, thanks.

Otherwise got hooked up with an Arizona phone number. Real quick with internet access... bought a cheap cordless phone at wal-mart and then hooked it up to my little Cisco ATA-186. I logged into iconnecthere to verify that there were dollars in the account and saw I still had my Miami number. I called my roommates phone with Caller-ID to show him how it was displaying. Then I logged into the iconnecthere site and changed my number to Phoenix area and let it take effect. Unplugged the little cisco gizmo and plugged it back in... and all good ;) Called the roommates phone again and he saw that my phone nbr had changed from 954-xxx-xxx to 602-xxx-xxxx. Pretty cool shit.

Arizona is the Alabama of the southwest, I am convinced of it. Redneck as hell.

Off to the gym...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home