A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

The brazilians are here - Pare de Sufrir is in central Phoenix!

I could not believe the sight. I certainly don't believe their ideology.

Late at night all over South America this group buys (bought? I don't know, it was a couple of years ago) TV time to draw people in. Generally anything having to do with the christian religion is a turn-off, but this group was just so wacky with what they'd do to draw people to their "churches" I would sometimes be curious about what they were promising NEXT. Besides, it was a challenge to understand the thickly-Brazilian-accented Spanish they spoke. The best thing they had on offer was "blessed soap" to wash your sins away.

It was SO surprising to see their logo on a building downtown. A, um, modified version of their logo ;) is part of this posting. I like the modified version a little better since it more accurately represents what they do.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Start up a Santeria spot!

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger tekno-yanqui-598 said...

We're awful far from the natural water needed to properly honor Orisha.

Yes, readers... living in Uruguay exposed me to new belief systems. Deal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home