A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Roomba vacuuming robot

In a word... Wow. The thing does a better job than my upright vacuum cleaner and its possible to sit on my ass and remote control it.

The jury is out on total cost of ownership.

Unexpectedly - Shaggy is not afraid of Roomba. I have a long way to go though to make my apartment Roomba-friendly - your place already has to be pretty much clean (free of clutter) for the robot to do its job.

I'll be curious to see....

* Will Roomba zap a hard disk it passes by
* Will Shaggy decide that Roomba is another pet and thus mark territory?
* Will Roomba survive my style of housekeeping, or improve it?

The thing ran for about 45 minutes after I charged it 12... well 8 really... hours. There was still plenty of power in the battery, I was just tired and had it go back to its charging station.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home