A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ambien + blogger -> last three posts LOL / Uruguayan currency

Holy crap. Well, at least the mileage on my car was the same last night as this morning :-) Just goes to show that when you take the CR pills (Mom and I joke that CR stands for chewable) because it knocks you on your ass faster - that you really should log off after you swallow.

(And yes, I deliberately wrote that sentence that way. Thank god cyber-sex hasn't provided a way to exactly make that happen although who knows...)

Upon waking up this morning I re-read that and it sort of makes/made sense at the time.

Now that I'm back in the USA for a full 24 hours, I *think* I've finally gotten all the foreign coins out of my pocket... between that and the left over paper money I've got 36 bucks in Uruguayan currency hanging about. Since the dollar is tending to fall against the Uruguayan peso I'm betting the money will keep its value or gain a precious few percentage points. But I'm also a realist: whatever value the money adds/retains will get eaten up by price increases!

Oh wait, that's really 46 bucks... I put about another ten bucks on my Movistar account to move my UY phone number expiration date far enough into the future so it still is active for my next trip. It's so cool to be able to just change the chip and the GPRS parameters on the phone as the plane lands :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home