A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

the same 9 year old on beavers

After lunch and the conversation about the 9 year old with a friend with benefits - read the post to get up to speed, eh?

We were reminiscing about Web 2.0 - which I will now idenfity as IT Toolbox. The orange dude is their pompous CEO who's such a prince that when you offer him some bit of advice that is VERY related to a question he's asking you - his response will be a clipped "That's not what I asked you."

He'll also want his horsey-looking girlfriend's macbook looked at "at once" but then throw you under the bus when your boss asks him if the work had been requested during business hours. The specific request was verbatim "call her right away." However, when my boss asked him about the repair being done he changed his tune and said "Well of course it was to done outside business hours?" That tacky spray on tan must soak into your head and alter your memory or something....

But I digress... One of my blog posts was about our former admin assistant at the toolbox. She did an awesome job putting up with the pompous ass she worked for and outside of the office some called her Larry Beaver. (See also a recent post called "Busy Little Beavers" in a different context, that got brought up too in vague earshot of Madeline)

Madeline caught the word Beaver but didn't understand the connotation. She announced that this morning during the triathlon in Tempe town lake that she'd seen beavers in the water. Dara's fiancee started laughing first and said, "Yeah, they were all over the place."

I think I laughed for the next two to five minutes. It was great.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home