A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Guess I'll wait for the service pack...

I had occasion to try Microsoft Access 2007 today. There's a trial of it on my computer along with the licensed small business edition that doesn't include it. I was idly curious about what the upgrade price might be - not that I want to develop anything in Access but its a great way to do SQL queries without having to actually write them. Drag and drop, switch views and there it is.

So from within Access it took me to a Microsoft website that asked what country I was from. When I told it, it came back with a custom error message that essentially said "there has been an error please start over" - but the URL showed that I was seeing a 500 error handler page.

Oops. Guess I'll wait for the service pack.

Access 2007 and the "new" office user interface are not at all straightforward either, but it got the job done.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home