A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Un-pausing my career

For the last seven months I've worked for a web two-dot-oh company.

Today I gave my notice. It was an easy decision to make comparing the situation I'm moving into vs. where I'm at now. A lot more is known about the culture and co-workers where I'm going - especially people I'll be immediately working with. The last seven months have been a nightmare in that regard.

Actually the whole immediate team I work with are great people - if you leave out the sociopath otaku and the crackhead.

On to bigger and better things. More will get posted here when the dust settles.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You lasted much longer than I expected given the, uh, personality involved.

My tuesday afternoons just got much duller.

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger tekno-yanqui-598 said...

Yes, I too will miss those meetings. The most memorable moment was someone's innocent question "What kind of box does she have?"

I will never forget that.

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger tekno-yanqui-598 said...

And everybody internal to our corner of two-dot-oh land feel free to comment here. I will edit details if you accidentally identify yourself and you can absolutely remain anonymous.

If there are negative comments I'll post those too, I moderate just to keep spam out of here. I'm pretty thick-skinned ;) God knows I've had to be.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home