A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Sprint data card + Slingbox + Macbook

Wow, this is cool. I get 1.2 mbps download at my desk at work. Have my Macbook here and have it running slingplayer and have spent the day listening (well watching a little, too ;) ) to TV and totally bypassing the office network. :)

$65 a month seems a little steep for unlimited access... but chew on this: a Sprint CDMA phone call takes up about 13 kilobits of bandwidth and they charge like, what 10 cents a minute to the prepaid folks? I've been downloading at 520 kilobits (like 20 phone calls simultaneously something like that) for 7 hours....

This is possible with Verizon as well but they get cranky when you go above some number of gigabytes. Sprint so far doesn't seem to care from what I've read.

Here's the speed test results:

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home