A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Hi-Def but low-brow

I'm watching Jackass 2 on DirecTV pay-per-view as I write this. The picture is very clear on the HD set.

Honestly it's TOO clear if you've had the guilty pleasure of watching this "unrated" work of lowbrow, er, art. Johnny Knoxville and MTV really outdid the first one. It would get an X, no question. Offhand I cannot name a cultural taboo that they didn't touch upon and they possibly invented some new ones.

The worst segment is Terror Taxi for a whole laundry list of reasons. I think I choked to death laughing during the first part but on the whole it was pretty extreme. It will not go over very well in the Arab world due to the subject matter - to say NOTHING of how realistic the beard looks on the actor.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home