A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration day

I got up at 5:30 mountain time to start watching coverage of the inauguration. The crowd is unbelievable considering that it's 19 degrees (f). Watching it in high-definition really adds a LOT to this type of programming.

The presidential car looks like a monster in terms of security. All of the windows are quite visibly bullet-proof glass. It appears there is a visible gun-port on either side of the car.

There have to be more than a MILLION people there. I've been to DC a couple of times and the mall is FULL!

But the best part of all of it - eight years of Bush/Cheney are OVER at noon today. I tagged the post as "You can't fix stupid" but today is an exception. The fix is in at noon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home