A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Anne Rice is trying to become a "Christian author"

This bit of news was, to say the least - disturbing.

Years ago I was a member of her fan club. So was my troglodyte roommate from whom I was renting a room in his Chicago condo. (Location: right off Lake Shore Drive on the little bit of Sheridan Road that runs east-west before it becomes a north-south street.)

I'd abbreviate Lake Shore Drive but it would be misunderstood.

Anyway, me and the troglodyte rented theatrical costumes and in October 1995 went to an INCREDIBLE Halloween party Anne threw for her fan club. She'd bought the St. Elizabeth's orphanage and totally re-did it. 13 years and 75 kilos ago I made a kickass Lestat - would have gotten totally laid too had the troglodyte not stuck to me like a big cancerous blob all night.

Now fast forward ten years later and she's telling CNN...

"To be able to take the tools, the apprenticeship, whatever I learned from being a vampire writer, or whatever I was -- to be able to take those tools now and put them in the service of God is a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful opportunity," she said. "And I hope I can redeem myself in that way. I hope that the Lord will accept the books I am writing now."

VOMIT. Oh well, she's made her fortune off the vampire series. The Christian books will NOT fly off the shelves. The Lord may accept the books but I don't think he buys many, nor will the public. Dammit, dammit, dammit - another lost to that awful dogma.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home