A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

back to the world's second oldest profession -

Consulting.

I have a pretty good gig where I'm at (well so far). A former co-worker from one of the companies I've worked at in the past - well, she and I worked out a deal to get me involved at the company where she's at.

There have been some moments of high drama which should best be left in certain HR files - hell, I don't technically even work FOR them, I'm just a vendor ;) There have also been some moments of utter hilarity: the guy working for me needed to leave the office TO HAVE HIS LEGS WAXED. Seems they'd moved up the appointment from 6pm to 2pm.

Thankfully, he did not come back orange - although the woman doing the phone programming for my office extension was most definitely sprayed down with the same chemical as the CEO of my last opportunity.

As for my last job - I don't miss it in the least. Each and every day devoid of mental stimulation and having to resort to evil levity to stay sane.

I think my week-long absence from blog-land is now over, I've been too busy/overwhelmed to write a hell of a lot!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home