A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Rapture - a possible way to escape summer in Arizona?

Yeah right. I believe in the rapture and the end times about as much as I believe Dick Cheney runs an open, honest office.

But I'm watching this show on Discovery Times called The Rapture. Hell, I had time - the guy I was supposed to meet punked out... but that's another story...

They showed a really funny (well the christians took it seriously) website called www.jesuspets.com. Now as I dog owner I read what they had to say with a really open mind - and then laughed like hell.

Here's the proposition:
"What is JesusPets? Who is going to care for your pets after you are raptured into heaven? Many Christians believe that animals do not go to heaven. So when Jesus comes back and you return with him to heaven, will there be somebody to take care of your dog or cat? If you have a non-Christian family member, they might take care of your pet, but if not, have you made any plans? Imagine being taken to streets of gold while your dog starves to death walking around in his own feces trapped in your small house or apartment, subject to fire and earthquakes or even being eaten by heathens searching for any remaining morsel of food. Do you want that to happen? With the imminent collapse of the global economy and rampant godlessness, even the community shelters will not have the resources to care for your poor, hungry animals. So you need to make preparations. That's what JesusPets is for. We are assembling a community of heathen pet-lovers to care for pets that are "left-behind." We are coordinating with feed mills and kennels in preparation for your post-apocalyptic pet care needs."

Someone actually SERIOUSLY wrote that. Scary, eh?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM , Blogger tekno-yanqui-598 said...

I've had rapture by hand too but I prefer a second person to be involved. Thanks for commenting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home