A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

The great online disappearing act

Friday night I made a decision. A close confidant pointed something out to me. She said, "Why do you let total strangers into your house even though you don't sleep at night without blocking your door with a chair?" She was referring to the occasional rendezvous with Mr. Right Now.

Early on Friday morning I work up, like clockwork, at like 4am. Sometimes its 3:30. Sometimes it's 5:30. Could be anywhere in between. I've had nights where I'd have called 911 in my sleep if the phone was closer by. I deliberately keep it away from my bed now.

So early Friday morning I had a prospective Mr. Right Now get too aggressive. Two word instant message: "You're online." Stalker behavior. I chewed on it all day Friday and within 20 minutes of arrival home on Friday night two profiles on two sites were history. My friend raised a very good point. I mean, right now if I'm stopped at an intersection and someone next to me suddenly opens their car door to, say, dump out their coffee - I jump clear out of my skin and "fight or flight" kicks in.

So its time to dramatically drop my profile and just focus on the important things like career and goals like making that son of a bitch ex-boyfriend inmate number 300,001.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home