A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

S&M and your pet

This situation would probably not happen with a cat. A cat would lay there and think - my human is fighting with another human. Whatever. I have better things to do like groom myself, destroy something, or watch birds through the window.

Dogs are a different story. The pack mentality is wired in.

This is also a topic you'll never see on The Dog Whisperer.

So last night I had a guest. He wanted to do this thing that started outside my apartment but I draw the line at that. This shit stays in my house - oh and I guess on my blog now hmm...

On his arrival I was ready. Purple nitrile gloves and a wet towel to simulate chloroform. Never owned the real chemical, never will. I won't go into detail other than to say that quite the wrestling match ensued until I had him completely immobile.

Then I noticed my dog cowering in the corner absolutely terrified.

I took a few minutes to give her a treat that would keep her busy and calm her down, but she wasn't quite her usual self until 4 hours later I took my guest out to the parking lot to his car. I walked her for a little while longer then took her inside and I assumed my usual position propped up on my bed with the TV remote in one hand and the requisite two laptops open.

Obviously I lack for visual stimulation.

She hopped up on the bed, jumped in my lap, curled up and let loose a huge sigh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home