A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Web 2.0 about to be borg'd

Well it appears that my job will get a little more interesting. It appears that some rather sweeping organizational changes will cause our trusty little birkenstocks 'n kasha Samba ersatz "domain controller" system to eventually be overrun by market forces, namely Active Directory. The technologically elegant loses out to the (perceived) economically expedient.

It's a sad tale, like Beta vs. VHS. But hey, I've spent years of my life on Active Directory. And at the end of the day I go home and it has no effect on my life whatsoever - i.e. "shrug," he said.

The above first paragraph has no value in being translated into anything non-technical. If you don't understand it skip it and go on to the next post.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home