A former latin american exile writes about life..

Ok so I gave up a comfy boring life to go live in South America. Lots have suggested that I write about my experiences, so here it finally is.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

healthcare, or lack thereof - CASMU sucks

If you ever happen to work in Uruguay and have a choice of which "mutualista" (private hospital, think HMO) to pick... DO NOT PICK CASMU. Overly bureaucratic and will go out of their way not to help you.

I have a prescription for an asthma inhaler dated 13.5.05 and they won't fill it because they say its too old. That means that my options are buy a ticket and see a doctor again (loss of minimum four hours) and then pay the 160 uruguayan pesos to fill the prescription, or just pay a pharmacy like 400 pesos for the inhaler.

Having no time to see a doctor anytime this week and needing an inhaler... I have no choice. CASMU sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home